Boasting almost all 300 days of sunshine every year, Brisbane lives up to the saying – “beautiful one day, perfect the next”. Brisbane’s warm weather ensures you and your partner can decide to tie the knot at almost any time of the year. Besides, who wouldn’t want to plan their wedding ceremony featuring a spectacular sunny backdrop?
From picturesque outdoor locations or a stylish indoor wedding, you can find the perfect wedding venue almost anywhere in Brisbane. Brisbane has a wide variety of magnificent photography locations that suit your unique wedding style and overall vision. Whether you opt for archaic architecture or city streets, or lush gardens, all locations in Brisbane are geographically close together, making it convenient for you to travel between multiple places for a variety of wedding photoshoots.
If you need wedding videography on the Sunshine Coast, please reach out to us.
Why Should You Consider Wedding Photography/Videography in Brisbane?
- Brisbane is well-known as a picturesque city in Australia. The stunning sunrises and sunsets, along with Brisbane’s consistent climate, ensure you have wedding portraits and shots that look spectacular. There are plenty of unique spots in Brisbane, especially for wedding photoshoots and videography – from beautiful historical buildings to stunning parks and gardens.
We also undertake projects for wedding videography on the Sunshine Coast.
6 Best Places in Brisbane For Wedding Photography/Videography
Here are some of the most iconic sites for wedding photos in Brisbane:
- Botanic Gardens
- Botanic Gardens is considered Brisbane’s premier subtropical garden. It features many iconic backdrops for wedding photos – a Japanese garden, exotic rainforest, temperate grassland, and more.
- The Brisbane Powerhouse
- Located on the northern banks of the Brisbane River, The Brisbane Powerhouse is an art and culture hub; perfect for having wedding photoshoots. Most wedding photographers and videographers in Brisbane consider this place as the best wedding shoot destination. If you want to avoid having traditional wedding nature shots, Powerhouse is the perfect place for providing an edgy and urban feel to your wedding shoot.
- Old Government House
- The Old Government House is the epitome of charm and elegance. Located on the grounds of the Queensland University of Technology, this building is popular among couples seeking ancient architectural style wedding shoots. The industrial red brick walls of this building serve as an incredible backdrop for wedding photoshoots. With stunning chandeliers and spiral staircases, your wedding shoot will be no less than a fairy tale.
- Kangaroo Point
- Located right across the Brisbane River, Kangaroo Point is a popular wedding photography location by many photographers. With a spectacular city view and the iconic Story Bridge, this epic site will ensure you get the right shots for your wedding album. Kangaroo Point is perfect for those who want to capture the city skyline in their wedding photoshoot.
- Eagle Farm Racecourse
- Eagle Farm Racecourse is a heritage-listed horse racing venue in Brisbane, perfect for those seeking a classic wedding shoot. The established premier racecourse is accessible and often used as a private wedding photography location (only seven kilometres from the Brisbane CBD).
- New Farm Park
- With a gorgeous park setting and display of beautiful roses, New Farm Park is a perfect location for future newlyweds seeking elegant wedding shoots. There are some incredible spots you could use for your wedding shoot, especially the park boundaries which are lined with beautiful Jacarandas – a tropical flower.